Sunday, November 22, 2015

The ugly dream

perfect sunshine
In my dream I am having the perfect day sunshine is coming through, and the sound of the church bells. Today is the day I will marry my beautiful wife. Today she will walk down the aisle into the journey of our new life. We will have a new beginning and let go of our old life, live in the town move into a bigger house. My son will go to school and learn, happiness is at its arrival. The doctor will be available, he will no longer delay. I will buy this beautiful Canoe that is stronger and better, our life will embrace.
On the other hand Juana is struggling in her dream.
        While Kino is in a whole other world, Juana is in her own world too. “I look at the mirror and see a reflection of happy women.” but she feels pain inside of her the Blues are playing. Her days are full of sorrow, loneliness in this egotistical town. People don’t care about others except if they have money. She has a new life but also a spirit that is dying of misery. All of the people have their eyes on the pearl and their wealth, but no one cares about them.
Just the thought of it makes Juana feel’s choked of breath.
Kino says “Your reflection.”, placing his arm around Juana.
“ I promise you I will show it to you!” said Kino, and goes to bed.
“Good night Kino” said Juana.

“Good night dear” said Kino.
By: Fatma Qabazard


In my dark void of a dream it was blurry and blinding, I was lying on a canoe in the big blue, or should i say the dark black sea, I got up with a sudden breathtaking feeling an "ugh" moment. I did what anyone would do, paddle in the darks of the sea, I saw a bright light, I saw millions of corpses between them pearls, black pearls. Then out of fear i started moving left and right, i fell into the sea, it was deep, really deep. I as I fell deep into the depths of the sea, I see pearl divers rising up, trying to get out of the water a man, Kino bumped into me, I saw the dark void in his pupils, its as if his eyes were pearls, in his sack there was the damned pearl, the one that caused him pain in his family. He said in bubbles of sea water," get the pearl and get out, save yourself", he opened a wormhole, i was sucked into it, I woke up.
By: bader Al- Mudhaf

No comments:

Post a Comment